Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added the rarest year to my Russian collection. Ж is a unique first letter prefix that has only been observed on 1949 Tula SKS-45s. Remarkable how many original 1949 features survived a heavy refurbishment at Arsenal No. 1, Balakleya. I've included a lot of pictures to show the various key features.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,133 Posts
Wonderful piece!

Reactions: 130784

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's awesome.

Interesting to see the 4-digit number on the barrel collar stamped parallel to the barrel.
I thought only Izhevsk did that.

A most excellent catch!!
Thanks Boris! The orientation of the barrel number is not something I’d paid attention to before. Interesting.

I think the count of 13 serialized parts is the highest I’ve observed. The extractor number is hard to see in the picture (or in person) but it’s present and matching.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Agree with Martin08. Most 1949 with correct cruciform bayonet in North America have ugly modified stock (from stock cut for blade bayonet), especially those in Canada. Period correct 1949 stocks originally cut for cruciform bayonet are extremely rare. I have seen correct 1949 bayonet for sale online, but have never seen correct stocks for sale.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.