Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This last weekend I bought a really nice 1947 Izhevsk ex-sniper at a show along with a scope, mount, and base for a really good price. The bolt has already been reworked (by a member of this site according to the previous owner, I forget his screen name), but he never had the stock cut or the optics reattached. Is there anybody out there rebuilding ex-snipers? I would really love to return this rifle to its former glory and I would like it done well by someone with the proper experience. Any advice or a pointer in the right direction would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,485 Posts
This last weekend I bought a really nice 1947 Izhevsk ex-sniper at a show along with a scope, mount, and base for a really good price. The bolt has already been reworked (by a member of this site according to the previous owner, I forget his screen name), but he never had the stock cut or the optics reattached. Is there anybody out there rebuilding ex-snipers? I would really love to return this rifle to its former glory and I would like it done well by someone with the proper experience. Any advice or a pointer in the right direction would be appreciated, thanks.

The only guy that I have heard is still in the game is George Tossan. I have not had anything done by him but I have seen examples of his work and heard good things about him.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
milprileb I don't seem to have gotten an email from you, could you send me a PM please?

Raupleminze please send me a PM with info on Mr. Tossan, thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.