Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago, I received two (2) M91/30's from TGI.

#1: A 1938/48 dated, Tula M91/30 MN, Ex-PEM Sniper, I've already talked about and posted photographs of.

Along with the 1938/48, was a companion rifle:

#2: 1947 dated, Izhvesk M91/30 MN Ex-PU Sniper. I am extremely happy with what I received. :D:D I've attached 2 photo's to this post, however, for more detailed photographs, go to:

http://tinyurl.com/3atft8

Interestingly, I notice that there is the original serial # on the receiver, and that there is another number of some type (and NOT the US/BATF new serial # that TGI applied) on the left side of the barrel, where it joins the receiver and just above the wood line. What would that # be for?

Then, on the underside of the barrel is also another # - H2771

Just curious what they represent of stand for.:confused:

Chuck

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The original serial number is on the barrel, not the receiver. The TGI serial number is on the receiver. The other number on the barrel is the scope number. The number on the bottom of the barrel is an assembly or tracking number used during production before the final serial number was assigned.
Ted,

Thanks for the information. Regarding the TGI serial #, maybe I used the wrong words because I knew which was the TGI added #, because I didn't highlight it. :eek: I knew that the original Russian # has Cyrillic letters in it, as it does, but it was the other #'s along the side, which you indicate is the scope # that had me wondering, along with the assembly # on the underside of the barrel.

Thank you for the information, it is greatly appreciated. ;)

Chuck

·
Platinum Bullet member
4,743 Posts
Very nice. My 1947 ex-PU is ser. # 'yr1153' - 709 numbers below yours. Congrats !! Did you get a matching bayonet with it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts