Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to find this rifle last year in a crate of Mosin Nagants that my friend bought for his shop. I have now been invaded by 13 other various Mosin refurbs of different make and type. With that said, I am going to sell this rifle to add some money to my family vacation fund. I would like to know what a fair value would be. I know that it is kind of rare and is one that a lot of true Mosin Nagant 91/30 collectors need to fill their collection. It IS NOT an ex-sniper. Which from what I've researched, a lot of the 1946's were. To me, this rifle is cool, but it is just like the other 12 I have. I would rather this go to someone that needs it more than I do. It is a typical refurb, it has a great bore with excellent rifling, with cleaning rod but no sling. Once I get a good value, I will post it for sale on the Boards here. Any help on that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
17,732 Posts
200?! Ill buy it right now for that..

In reality its worth more like 300+

Any post war 91/30 are very uncommon/rare. They were only produced in a very limited number.

But with anything.. you have to find a person will to spend that much and/or filling a whole in the collection.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,693 Posts
$200 is a bit low, I sold one in excellent shape for $350 not 2 months ago on gunbroker. I felt that figure was very low considering 1947 rifles go for $400+ and are not nearly as uncommon.

I would put it at $350-500 depending on how well you give a description and pictures on gunbroker. Like spax, I'd give $200 for it right now. Someone looking to find all the post war year 91/30s will want this one.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys so much for responding. I appreciate your expertise. I was happy to find out when I bought it that it was a rare one. As I am not an ardent collector of Mosin Nagants, I just figured this would fill one of the true 91/30 collectors year collection. I have always been a believer in helping fellow collectors out since early in my hobby, someone helped me. There's no use for me to hold on to it when I don't plan on or expect to purchase a 1945, 1947 etc. As would be expected, I want to get the most out of it and be fair to whoever is buying it. You guys know your rifles, I know a little bit about a little bit....lol Thanks again!!

·
Registered
3,740 Posts

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
$200???:laugh::laugh::laugh:

And I'm sure that the people quoting you that will be sitting in the trader board, hitting the refresh button every three seconds, from now until you list it (assuming they haven't already PM'd you a "doing you a favor" offer of $225).:rolleyes: Get real.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,296 Posts
?? Funny how shortly after this thread started yesterday, a fellow named "Apachejack" posted one for sale in the Trader. He even states "pulled it directly out of a crate last summer"

·
Registered
17,732 Posts
?? Funny how shortly after this thread started yesterday, a fellow named "Apachejack" posted one for sale in the Trader. He even states "pulled it directly out of a crate last summer"
Love when that happens. Probably why some forums do not allow value discussions. I can see where they are coming from on both sides of the isle .

Sent from my own personal Sputnik

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not that you were referring to me, but I am not apache jack. If you notice that the serial number on mine is not the same as the one listed on GB. I've relied on the experts here quite a bit for value discussions, etc. I have sold a couple of rifles on the boards and have had great dealings both ways. I don't run scams nor do I patronize those that do. My gunbroker name is the same as my name on here. Being the victim of a couple of dishonest dealers/collectors, I would not do that to someone else. I could use the Gunbroker auction as a guide, but I don't think that seller knows what he/she has.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.