Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't have a 1945 Izhevsk M38 in my collection and couldn't pass on it. Picked this up from a past OGCA President and Gunbords Member (Thanks Bob) and it is a nice one, all stamped matching, all Izhevsk parts, light refurb, in a late war hard wood M38 stock. The bore on this rifle is pristine and not counter-bored.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Good to find one with an excellent barrel that's not counterbored.

Looks like someone went nuts with a coarse scrubby pad, then cold blue....or is there a lot of shellac on the metal ?

Phil

·
Super Moderator
6,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to find one with an excellent barrel that's not counterbored.

Looks like someone went nuts with a coarse scrubby pad, then cold blue....or is there a lot of shellac on the metal ?

Phil
No someone highlighted the SN with what looks like a grease pencil or crayon and didn't get it all wiped off, going to fix that when I go over it in the morning.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,857 Posts
Caver, did you get the one that was listed wrong until someone told the seller what he had? There were two that looked nice that I bid on but dropped out eventually. Glad someone on the board got one of them.

I just got one too. Won on gunbroker.

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
16,413 Posts
Beautiful carbine! I picked up my 45 from Allan's Armory for $250 about 8-10 years ago. That was when M38's were going for $79.99 @ Big5. Thought that was an outrageous price, but I wanted a 1945. Now days, $250 is a great deal.

Nice pick-up! You won't regret it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Walt,

Sorry I missed you at the show. I'll be there in January. If you are looking for anything special, maybe I can help. Glad to have you as a member.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
6,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Walt,

Sorry I missed you at the show. I'll be there in January. If you are looking for anything special, maybe I can help. Glad to have you as a member.

Bob

Sorry to have missed you Bob, but I had to get back to Indiana and help my Dad put up his boat.

Will be there in January for sure.

P.S.
Thanks Again for the sweet M38

1 - 13 of 13 Posts