Gunboards Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,273 Posts
RC dou. 45 s/n 5906 C BBL code; H A dou * l , A 80 X 4 ( Upper case S stamped under the H in bbl code ) waA 214 Walnut stock, ser #2689 on bottom of stock and bbl. channel , luftwaffe L under waa 214 on right side of buttstock , 10 inch C.R.

·
Registered
724 Posts
SWP 45 s/n 44606a, barrel and receiver match, bolt numbered to match but not late war.
I'm told East German refurb. Has bayonet lug, cleaning rod and speed milled bands, again not correct for 45.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Dou 45, ser.# 7959 b, all matching except cocking piece. Stamped bands, laminate stock, stamped bottom metal with large trigger guard for gloved hand. Barrel maker H T, two A80 Wa's, dou stamp, Nazi eagle and prancing lion left side of bbl., hooded front sight, prancing lion and SN on l/h side of rec. ring.

I bought this in 1965 for $25.00 and wasted no time in wildcatting it to 8mm-06, installing the action into a Bishop stock and tossing the military stock, because they were so prevalent and so cheap. Had I only known!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
My K98 is a bnz 45 ser# 405 T . It was a war trophy brought back by my Grandfather who fought in germany. Thats all I know about it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Old thread, but info to add. I just picked up an swp45 Russian Capture with serial 89024a. Yes, it has the sheetmetal rear sight.

·
Moderator / Diamond member
3,719 Posts
Very cool. I think the highest I have seen is in the 98,000 a block or thereabouts. As nice as that one is, with no X, I'd have to restock it and un RC it. I know, blasphemy. It would look nearly original.

·
Registered
12,909 Posts
Probably not completely fitting with the theme here, but an svwMB, proofed with the French star, with French sling bar, and numbered 458c.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts