Gunboards Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
45's

My 1945 K98's

BYF45, Russian Capture, Serial # 8529, Import Marked-TGI, Laminated Stock, Non-Matching

BCD45, Russian Capture, Serial # 78316, Import Marked-TGI, Walnut Stock, Non-Matching

·
Registered
156 Posts
Now that I know what it is; swp45

Here is my CAI import swp45 that is a DDR re-conditioned rifle. It is marked swp 45, serial #80397a, same serial # number stamped on the force matched bolt. The other parts have been restamped with the matching serial # and the previous # xxxed out.

Here is the original thread:
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=50099

and here are some pictures:

·
Gold Bullet member
500 Posts
Would like to add the RC dou 45 mauser 98k from Empire Arms that I just took delivery of.
- Receiver Marking - Top Upper rec'vr Mod 98 / Top Lower Rec've dou.45
- Serial Number - 9393 e
- Import Marked as COLE DIST. S'VILLE, KY
- Front site with sight hood grooves
- Firing Proof - Nazi eagle only on left side of barrel between rear sight and receiver
- WaA80 Waffenamts stamped paralell to receiver collar.

No acceptance/inspection stamps on right side of rear sight band
Barrel and receiver, except for import markings are new unissued conditon and look better than the full Kreigsmodell stock they will be mounted in. Will post pictures when I get it cleaned up and in it proper stock.

·
Gold Bullet member
378 Posts
I have a blondie dou 45 6477 a as shown in MrFarb's thread - http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=83856

I also have 3 RC's dou 45's from Empire Arms - 2722 b - all milled parts (solid front band) laminated grooved for zf41, 7251 c - all milled parts (solid front band) laminated (WaA315 cartouche) with cupped buttplate and 6794 e - stamped rear band - all else milled - solid hardwood with cupped buttplate. RC EP'd to match.

Can take other pics if you need it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
dou.45

R.C. dou.45 Serial Number #1940 From Empire Arms
Cupped Buttplate brg41 Laminated K98k Stock Faint Heer Cartouche
All Milled Parts With Solid Closed Upper Band
Sight Hood & 12.5" Cleaning Rod
Import Marked Under Barrel

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Vet Bringback BNZ45

Here are photos of my BNZ45. all serialized parts are depicted. Bolt sleeve is lightly stamped and I took a photo of the only mark on the stock (solid wood, not laminate). Hope this helps for research.

·
Moderator / Diamond member
3,719 Posts
Here are photos of my BNZ45. all serialized parts are depicted. Bolt sleeve is lightly stamped and I took a photo of the only mark on the stock (solid wood, not laminate). Hope this helps for research.
It does help- every bit of info gathered adds to the knowledge. You say no other markings on the stock. Can you look real close on the right side of the butt and make sure it has/had no Eagle H proof? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
stock marking

there is something about 2 1/2 inches below the sling cutout. very faint and the wood grain makes it hard to see. For me to definitively say it is an eagle H would be deceptive. Could be though.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
8,169 Posts
Richuric, pretty cool as I have a SWP45 made just 30 rifles after yours, pretty amazing. Likely went out on the same day!

Question though, mine is an RC. The receiver I believe was phosphate finished as its very grey and just doesnt feel right as a normal reblued RC. Would the receiver on yours also happen to be ph finish? Mine is 64312.

·
Gold Bullet member
500 Posts
I have a Dou.45 ser# - 2f - only
Kurdt, I'd like to know more about your dou.45. I have dou.45, SN 9393 e. It was a Russian Capture that I bought from Empire Arms and found what I'm pretty sure is a dou made Km stock set to mount it in. I'd like to know more about your 2 f rifle. I assume yours was an RC as well? Do you have any photos of the rifle showing the details such as waffenamts and and serial numbers on any of the parts that might be original to the rifle? What type of stock was the rifle mounted in? Can you tell what the original finish is or was on the rifle? Have you found any markings under the wood line of the stock?

·
Moderator / Diamond member
3,719 Posts
Preduzece44- I have an all matching dou45 serial 2944e. It's the highest one I've seen so far that matches. 2f is pretty late, highest I have seen is 801f. I'm sure there is a later dou45 though, just haven't seen it yet- it will probaby be an RC like 801f is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Preduzece44, my rifle is a russian capture bought in italy. Soon i wish to show you some photos. Now i can tell you that the stock is a Kriegsmodell type, but with cleaning rod and the classic take-down hole. He show a WaA 135 (right side) and the stamping "2" on the left ( by russky? Under the handguard when it's disassembled there is another ser#). Near the hole for the sling there is a 0 (zero) or a O stamped.. no one know what is it? The serial number is the same only for the barrel (a 2 under the handguard in front of the sight) and receiver. The bands aren't stamped and on metal parts of the rifle you can find other WaA like 665 and 280. The barrel has the correct WaA80 and dou with HZ marks. The finish of the rifle is the same when i bought.. black, and i know it was made by the russian. Now i have a question.. what do you think about my rifle? Is it a "frankenstein" or late-war conditions made it?

21 - 40 of 55 Posts