Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking over this pistol with my friend couple of weeks ago and he noticed the refurbed mark.
I am not sure what to think of it as the pistol clearly doesn't look like it has been refurbed. Maybe when they added the new Hammer Group and force matched it to the gun they put that square with a line thru it mark?

Please let me know what you think.

Thank you,
Steve

Attachments

·
Banned
10,840 Posts
The pistol was rebuilt and then used, again.

US government rebuilt thousands their pistols, and then reissued them. Some M1911A1 were rebuilt more than once.

Your pistol was made in 1944. It was very likely used in WW2. WW2 ended in 1945. So we know where it has been from 1944 to 1945. Today is year of our lord 2011. Do you know where this pistol been from 1945 to 2011? What happened to it in the past 66 years?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The 1944 marked TT33 I have also has the box with the line through it. The barrel, mag and other parts are new and never used(forced matched numbers on the mag.) It has no import marks + nicely refinished. It looks like it was refurbished and then placed in a drawer for 66 years;An anomaly for sure.
Joe

·
Registered
416 Posts
The 1944 marked TT33 I have also has the box with the line through it. The barrel, mag and other parts are new and never used(forced matched numbers on the mag.) It has no import marks. It looks like it was refurbished and then placed in a drawer for 66 years;An anomaly for sure.
Joe
Not so much of an anomaly as you might think. A lot of Russian Tokarev pistols made their way as aid to other countries after WW2. All in the name of supporting and spreading communism. The Russians have a tradition of refurbing everything before putting it into storage so anything given as aid (unless it was new) would have gone through refurb and so marked.
Safe to say that most WW2 era Russian weapons brought back to the states in the post-war era (from Korea or Vietnam and other conflict areas) will bear that mark and yours most likely came from Korea or Vietnam, not a bring back from WW2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.