Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a show today looking for a PSL, none to be found and I stumbled on this so I took a gamble on it. 1944 Tula M38 refurb in a laminate stock. All stamped matching with prefixes. Wasn't the cheapest but pretty much in line with other carbines at the show. I thought I remembered reading on here these were pretty scarce?

·
Gold Bullet member
13,123 Posts
Very nice example of a very uncommon variant. Congrats!

Reactions: Red1917

·
Registered
20 Posts
Went to a show today looking for a PSL, none to be found and I stumbled on this so I took a gamble on it. 1944 Tula M38 refurb in a laminate stock. All stamped matching with prefixes. Wasn't the cheapest but pretty much in line with other carbines at the show. I thought I remembered reading on here these were pretty scarce?

View attachment 3799779
View attachment 3799780
Looks nice!!
I'm in the same boat I've been looking for a PSL and the last gunshow I went to at Dulles a guy was selling a beautiful just about mint 1944 m38 arsenal refinish with a post war stock. but looks like you got a good rifle hope you got a fairly fair price given the times.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tula only made 21,622 M38's in 1944 so yes it's a rather uncommon find to say the least and was probably much less expensive than the PSL you didn't find anyway. Nice pick up!
Great info thanks. Yes much less expensive,although now my PSL budget has a dent in it lol.

Hoping to get it to the range tomorrow for some fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.