Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to rarity of this. From what I can tell, not very rare except for the stock. I am on the fence wether I should pick it up or not, any advice?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
It's more uncommon than a standard birch stock but these beatiful stocks are not difficult to find, expecially on refurbed rifles.

These are nice rifles.Just my opinion........

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,380 Posts
On the contrary, a laminated M38 stock without the M44 bayonet groove is pretty uncommon. I bet less than 200 are known among collectors in the US. They sell at $175 and up so if it's less than that I'd pick it up without a doubt. If you want a "complete" M38 collection you should get it at any price up to about $225. You're correct that the 1944 year is relatively common and nothing to get excited about, unless it's a Tula, DDR or MO marked, etc.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason I am on the fence is I am trying to save up for a Finn mosin nagant, and this would pretty much wipe out the fund....Arrgghh....problems to have :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was considering that...unfortunately the price was closer to the lower end of what they are worth. May have to run out there in a day or so, if it is gone, then it was never meant to be :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
On the contrary, a laminated M38 stock without the M44 bayonet groove is pretty uncommon. I bet less than 200 are known among collectors in the US.
Well, I guess I have one of those 200. Picked it up in a local shop last year for $150. It's a '43 Izhevsk. I was thrilled just to find a M38 with an actual M38 stock. Once I realized it was laminated, well that was just icing on the cake.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Ted, You are right.
I was talking about a 1944 m38 with laminated stock with bayonet groove...Just my mistake.

Regards.

C

·
0 Posts
THANK YOU!! After I check mine out later and it is correct I'll try to post better photo. Checked it out and real easy to see when I know where to look. Saw it 15 ft. away. It is a m44 stock.:eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts