Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it all cleaned up, thaks for the info on the post war stock, aren't those dove-tail joints something else. Range test this weekend I anticipate good results.

·
Registered
19,307 Posts
Got one just like it. I do not attach any significance to the post war stock vs. one that is not. To get a Finn stock in that condition is indeed a rare find
and a war time rifle that was rebuilt / or wood replaced post war is a nice piece of history. Just like our Garands that were arsenal rebuilt post WWII....these are a
separate rifle category of CORRECTNESS. Maybe not original but certainly military correct.

You have one heck of a nice Correct rifle at a wonderful price. In ten years, one will not find such a rifle and you will certainly appreciate the wisdom of buying it.

You may find shims (metal ones) inside the stock as I did in all of my rifles in post war stocks. Be sure not to lose them nor replace t hem as they are now situated in the stock-- the Finns put them where they are for a reason.

In the condition of that stock, you may find that the rifle will shoot a few rounds and the action screws need to be re tightened as the rifle shoots itself into the stock and
bottoms out / seats itself fully into the wood. All of mine did that and when they did bottom out, the accuracy just continued to be good from that point forward. Its new
wood so expect that to happen.

With the right ammo : it ought to shoot under 1 inch groups at 100 yds. All of mine do. Not all of mine agree on the ammo they prefer for this kind of accuracy but expect
that with milsurp ammo. With commercial ammo: all of mine shoot 1 MOA or under with no effort.

Very nice find: congratulations .

·
Registered
905 Posts
I like that a lot. I have a '41 just like it. She's my baby.

Anyone know where I can get a cleaning rod?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts