Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Darnit! I just got so excited I actually posted photos of this in the WTS forum by accident. I need to take a breath...

Looks like I am getting this tomorrow, barring any unforeseen problems with it.

At least it's a Tula.

Lol, you guys told me this Russian stuff would get expensive.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You warned me!! OMG I can't believe I am doing this...haven't told my wife yet. This one is going to be hard to sneak into the gun room.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Mother of God, there she is! Mount that to the top of you car when you take it home!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's legal. I wouldn't even consider it otherwise, lol. Not interested in spending time in club fed....not even one day.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,762 Posts
It's legal. I wouldn't even consider it otherwise, lol. Not interested in spending time in club fed....not even one day.
But is it functional - as in a registered Class III, semi auto or "dummy" ? I've been thinking about getting a "dummy" one myself ....but even they are around $2k now

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yes. It is in non firing condition. I would bet that a Cass III version would be what $25-30 grand or more?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,762 Posts
I see it now ...my first attempt I wasn't able to enlarge the pictures, but now I see the right sideplate is "missing"
It's been a while since I saw a registered functional Maxim for sale (granted, I don't look for them since it reminds me they are out of my price range on a county paycheck :) ) but I would imagine they run between $25-30k. I'd actually be happy with a Finn marked dummy gun too - but it's one of those "furnishings" that would be noticed in my basement, and SHE would have an idea how much they run ...because she's actually put more rounds downrange with a Maxim than I have :)

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
Great find!

The Tula Arms Museum has Russia's largest machinegun collection -I'll see if I can find a picture of your baby in the pictures I took there.

You sure have me beat lawn ornament, but when my Gustav Gun arrives....

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol!!
I have.no idea where to put it. I verified this morning that the seller has a semi auto right plate that comes with it. So I will be able to shoot it.

Silly I know.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Feel free to put it at my house if you'd like! :laugh:

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will Robert. Almost wish it didn't shoot. I can see myself spending as much on ammo as on the gun. This is going g to be the most expensive 43 Tula Refurb I have ever seen. Sorry guys. I think I am a little bit giddy about it.

I should have staid "cool".

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,569 Posts
I will Robert. Almost wish it didn't shoot. I can see myself spending as much on ammo as on the gun. This is going g to be the most expensive 43 Tula Refurb I have ever seen. Sorry guys. I think I am a little bit giddy about it.

I should have staid "cool".

You Dman nice-- You kidding me, wish never fired! don't you dare placing it out side to scare neighbors. $ your new gun vault room is smaller now.;)

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You Dman nice-- You kidding me, wish never fired! don't you dare placing it out side to scare neighbors. $ your new gun vault room is smaller now.;)

Lol, nope. Bigger. Just filling up with Mosins, shotguns, and...Carcanos, lol. I'll be able to post my '43 Tula refurb on here occasionally when a newbie posts with a question about his refurb '43 Ishevsk. That should be fun.

Here is the scenario:
"I just bought a 1943 Ishevsk at Big 5 and was wondering if I can find a Tula to go with it."

Lol, so then I reply that a 1943 Tula looks a little different. Then a photo. Lol.

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,569 Posts
I really thought would cost more than 3k. For place like yours you need full auto but then I understand 250 annual stamp. still semi auto is fun. My dream MG is a 42. GL

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,569 Posts
Talk about my local big5. I think it's error 37 tula Pu for 500. You think. I throw away my chastity rifle key. Help. I am trying to be good boy. Trying is main concern!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I just bought it. Picking it up next week. It is quite a bit more than $3k, but I figure I am just buying it early. He threw in a bunch of ammunition with the deal, all the tools and accessories, and the spare ammo cans that came with it - as well as everything in the photos. The gun is all matching, but the carriage and the shield don't have the same serial number. What sealed the deal for me is that it has Finnish provenance but no SA marks. (There is maybe about 3 minutes worth of ammo if it were full auto, lol.)

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,569 Posts
Congrats:thumbsup:

I don't like the video but all I could find--Not the same as yours

1 - 20 of 35 Posts