Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this one in a local shop was fairly surprised to see a 43 Tula..even more surprised to see that it was a hex receiver.

I took it down and there is a Tula star on the tang. I could not make out a date under the star but looking at the pics it sure looks like it says 933 (1933?)

Typical refurb, mixture of Izv and Tula parts. Nice rifle overall and I could not just leave her there.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
4,821 Posts
A nice looking piece. Let us know how she performs for you when you get her to the range.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Wow, cool snag. From what I can see in your photos, it sure looks to me like a 1933r Izhevsk tang date with a Tula star 1943 overstamp. Very neat. I have a Tula M44 built with a '42 izhevsk receiver with an overstamped 44 and Tula star. I also have a 1941 Izhevsk 91/30 built on an 1895 Tula receiver with an overstamped 1941 Izhevsk triangle, and another '41 hex built on a 919r Tula and a '27 Izhevsk 91/30 with a 1905r Izhevsk receiver. I think those are interesting.

Check out the 7.62x54r.net page here: http://www.7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRareSovietEarly.htm

Thanks for the great pics!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.