Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning
When I was in Germany (73-74 Armor) I was issued a Remington Rand as my Personal Weapon. It was a rattle trap but it always functioned.
Yaears later I found one for sale and bought it.
Now whenever I am up in Illinois I get out my 43 Rem. Rand and fire off a passle of 200 RN cast loads. Any one else still firing yours ?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi, Fire away! However you could be reducing the weapon's value. But then again, if it ain't all "matching" its not a "collectable". I 'm not one for letting a weapon sit in the safe so I would fire it if I owned it (I have two M1911A1s - one collectable and one not). Anyway, I just wanted to say that for $12? you can get a GI spec slide return spring from Wolf Springs. This is important to prevent battering of the slide and frame. Also use GI spec ammo: 230 FMJ - No "P". In decent condition and matching it could be worth $1500. A "mix master" or "shooter" grade M1911A1 still would command about a grand. Regards, Ray

PS: Go to the coolgunsite for much info on what to look for as regards to originality of parts etc.

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
100,654 Posts
Hi, Fire away! However you could be reducing the weapon's value. But then again, if it ain't all "matching" its not a "collectable". I 'm not one for letting a weapon sit in the safe so I would fire it if I owned it (I have two M1911A1s - one collectable and one not). Anyway, I just wanted to say that for $12? you can get a GI spec slide return spring from Wolf Springs. This is important to prevent battering of the slide and frame. Also use GI spec ammo: 230 FMJ - No "P". In decent condition and matching it could be worth $1500. A "mix master" or "shooter" grade M1911A1 still would command about a grand. Regards, Ray

PS: Go to the coolgunsite for much info on what to look for as regards to originality of parts etc.
And to think I gave all of $42.50 for my MAP-return 1911A1 back in 1967. A well-worn but serviceable mix-master then, and with many DX'd parts since. Still quite serviceable an regularly used.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.