Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this 1943 M44 at Dunhams. Shot it for the first time today. Needed some slight windage adjustment.

tjm22shot54

·
Copper Bullet member
951 Posts
FOUND?

GEEZE, Ted we all thought you grew them in your back yard!!

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Nice one. Among the Board members, we must have half of the 50,000 ever made.

How did it shoot afer the windage adj.? Assume you were shooting bayo out!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it shot ok for a counter bored barrel, will try the bayonet extended next time. wish i could find some more it took over a year to find this one. found it by dumb luck. tjm22shot

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
it shot ok for a counter bored barrel, will try the bayonet extended next time. wish i could find some more it took over a year to find this one. found it by dumb luck. tjm22shot
If it was hitting high right with the bayo folded, it should drop down and left with it extended, in my experience. Remember how much you moved the front sight with bayo in, as you may want to move it back to shoot with the bayo out.

Heavy vs. light ball will also make a big difference--try both using same POA.

(Either way is OK, as long as you are hitting POA. I like it with bayo out, as there is usually not sight adj. needed and it looks cooler.)

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,789 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Nice find. I have found that I find them, as well as Tula M44s, when I least expect them. As far as the bayo is concerned, some make a difference extended, and some don't. After playing around with lots of different ammo, I think the ammo makes more difference than the bayo. Just my .02 rubles worth.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Nice find. I have found that I find them, as well as Tula M44s, when I least expect them. As far as the bayo is concerned, some make a difference extended, and some don't. After playing around with lots of different ammo, I think the ammo makes more difference than the bayo. Just my .02 rubles worth.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i will try to post a picture of the 91/30 triple date mo ishversk in a laminated stock also found at dunhams . ttjm22shot54

1 - 14 of 14 Posts