Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
In picture #12 you can just make it out. Would have jumped in but it went out of my range too. Think the shiny finish was done by the Finns? No matter what, a rare bird and a nice score, congrats!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
In picture #12 you can just make it out. Would have jumped in but it went out of my range too. Think the shiny finish was done by the Finns? No matter what, a rare bird and a nice score, congrats!
No, and while I have seen them without the bayonet, I've never seen one without the lug actually cut off. Both of those things combined were enough to keep me away from it.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Auction pics really arent that great. But as mentioned SA looks visible in pic 12. We will know more when it is in the hands of our very own member. But a 1943 M44 is hard enough to find. But with a SA mark on it too is even more difficult, 1943 dated or not.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Yes, congrats.

By the time I was ready to bid, it was beyond the remainder of this months firearm budget.

Edit to add:
I'm still amazed that sellers don't realize what the mark can do to the value of their piece.
Think of what that might have brought if it was correctly advertised.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a good deal if the seller is unaware, but I'm still amazed.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
I have searched for 14 years now(wow, has it been that long...?) for a decent one - Only a handful has surfaced all these years. I googled the shop in Reno, called em, verified it had an SA in a box along the barrel. Placed my bid and took my mom to a doctors appt in Seattle, also met a seller over there & picked up a unique 1921 91-30.....(not an ex Dragoon...;))

Was surprised to find I won. It ain't perfect, Bubba got to the bayolug, the stock looks messed with as well, but I am not complaining as I really wanted one and the price of these has climbed into what I don't want to pay anymore......1,400.00 - 2,200.00 IIRC from the last auctions these surfaced....

I could possibly wait the remainder of my days and never find another....they are scarce.....period.

This one will do till I find a better example for 99 bucks, sitting in a dusty corner of an out of the way shop....;)

Thanks for the well wishers, this one will sit nicely with my other SA carbines.....;)

Pahtu.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts