Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok... Was wandering around a gun store today and spotted two rifles that were of interest but wanted to run it by the pros here on the site before making my move.

7.62x54R.net ranks the '42 Tula as a 3 out of 10 on the rare scale (if I remember correctly) but what about the double date MO Hex? I believe the dates were 1935/48.

Anyway, give me some opinions here because I might just head back and buy both if I get positive reports here.

Thanks in advance to all you Mosin addicts!

Oh, by the way... The serial number on that '42 Tula is 147. Don't know if that matters much?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wouldn't be a '42 if the first date is '35. It's a '35 Tula.

It could be MO 1942/48?
Sorry, I guess my description was pretty bad. The first gun is a 1942 Tula. The second gun I was referring to has a hexagonal receiver with an MO stamp and double date. If I remember correctly, the gun with the MO mark was dated 1935 and 1948. I was just wondering if either is especially difficult to find or worth making another trip to purchase.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, the '42 Tula is 114.95 and the other rifle with a MO stamp and double date is 169.95 (which seemed kinda steep to me). Any opinions on those prices? The 114.95 seems okay - at least no shipping charge.

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
I thought the 1941 Tulas were the uncommon/ unusual rifles?
As for the MO double date, it rates a "6" on a 1 to 10 scale over here:
http://www.7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRarity.htm
1) The war started in the middle of 1941. Soviets had six months of peace time to make rifles. The same is not true for 1942.
2) What was the last time that scale has been updated? One year ago? Two years ago? Four yeas ago?

·
Silver Bullet member
495 Posts
The MO's seem to be pretty easy to find now a days. Personally, I don't add any extra value to them unless it has something else like DDR or ex-sniper markings. I would get the '42 Tula, you'll find another MO rifle easier than a '42 Tula. I wouldn't say a '42 Tula is rare, but uncommon and hard to find. I would say that a '41 Tula is rare and almost impossible to find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.