Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Detailed pics of the bolt, how it's bent etc. might help in this case. At least the mount & base are recent Ukrainian reproduction. The faked rifle sn. on the mount makes my spider-sense to beep as well...;)

EDIT: And of course it's possible the rifle is an ex-sniper and the bolt is bent by a private person.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Detailed pics of the bolt, how it's bent etc. might help in this case. At least the mount & base are recent Ukrainian reproduction. The faked rifle sn. on the mount makes my spider-sense to beep as well...;)

EDIT: And of course it's possible the rifle is an ex-sniper and the bolt is bent by a private person.

I can put a EPed s/n on a mount :eek:---BUT That was the way Century( St. Albans marked) sold their Genuine snipers in the early 1990s.

With that said, some mounts have WWII machine characteristics and some (?) were Post WW II. Repro mounts we see today were NOT available but IMHO are similar.

·
Admin Emeritus
19,073 Posts
It looks like a repro to me. The serial on the bolt does not look right to me.

·
Gold Bullet member
14,242 Posts
I do not like the bolt and do not like the mount. Both are likely not original sniper parts. Hard to tell if the rifle is an ex-sniper that has been restored/rescoped. I would like to see some better pictures of the scope and the left barrel shank. The smoothe receiver on a 42 Izhevsk is more common on a sniper but possible on a standard rifle, especially when it is a refurb.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Scope is an Accumounts scope but the mount/base looks like a Ukrainian milled steel which Accumounts doesn't sell as far as I know. Does the bolt have any stamping on the underside? I also say it's a repro PU.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thank you very much for the help with this, I really appreciate it. Since I've never seen the real thing(or fake for that matter) and really couldn't tell. I don't know when I'll be able to get my hands on the real deal, but at least I know what it doesn't look like.:eek:
PS additional pics not available, I don't own the rifle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.