Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting my newly acquired SVT-40 [SA] Finn capture, SVT Stock, early swivel sling, non-import, non-refurb.

Photos include my 1941 Tula Original Sniper as well in an AVT stock. I figured some people could use side by sides with stocks, finish, refurb, etc... plus they are gorgeous! :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does the receiver/barrel have any type of refurb mark and then they slapped on a non-refurb bolt, or is everything original?

·
Administrator
19,288 Posts
Looks nice. Looks like a Finnish refurbished stock and the gun is in exc shape. Matching?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks nice. Looks like a Finnish refurbished stock and the gun is in exc shape. Matching?
Thanks Vic! No, nothing matches on the Finn Capture as usual. Is the 2068 stamp, above the [SA] and original serial, a new Finnish designation serial? Did they do that?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Nice! Very nice.

Finnish depot oil job on the stock, light one though. How on earth the metal has so good bluing left!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The blueing is pretty remarkable! How many (roughly) of these SVT's came into the states before mandatory Import marks started, how much more desirable does that make a rifle?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts