Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Kchapmansc: That's a real beauty! Curious about your barrel- is it a 5 groove type? My '41 Maltby is 5 groove while my '42 (both original barrels) is 2- groove. Here's a shot of the left side of the '42 with markings now reduced to a few stamps but still fairly neat and with the Maltby identifier moved to the left cheek. The details of the milling have changed quite a bit from '41.

Ruprecht

Wood Wood stain Door Hardwood Gas

· Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Here's a couple of shots of my '41. Slathered in green paint but matching bolt and forend as well as original barrel. No letter prefix so I guess this is the 2,528th off the line, assuming they started at 10,000?

Ruprecht
Musical instrument Wood Auto part Air gun Wind instrument

Wood Musical instrument Creative arts Folk instrument Metal

· Premium Member
1,863 Posts
@Ruprecht, good gravy, that's a brilliant rifle. Wow. The green paint, it may be my screen, but I can't make it out save for the stuff on the magazine. Is it the period theater paint, or a stateside job? I can't see it well enough to determine...it may be that the rifle itself has temporarily blinded me. :)
I assume it was done in service, but who knows? As always, it does a good job and there's no corrosion at all under the barrel. My only other '41 is a Fazakerley. The only '41 BSA's I've seen for sale had too many replacement parts for the price and Long Branch's of that vintage are worth their weight in gold up here.

Ruprecht

1 - 3 of 3 Posts