Gunboards Forums banner
141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
There is no missing part in the stock so far as wood nor any breaks. It is missing the stock bolt plate however. Should I add one? THe two SMLE's I had from RTI, one had that part and one did not. I noticed the one that did not had a cracked stock, Looked like someone tried to removet the butt stock before the forend stock.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Whatever, he asked I replied.
You can actually see where it split away, but WTF do I know.
Dear O.P.
Go ahead fire it.
Just ignore all the evidence & have at it.
Do NOT blame me later though.
That really is no way to respond to a new Enfield shooter who's just asking advice on their new rifle.
Don't ignore the evidence at all - take note that recent Australian coachwood stocks should NOT have any wood behind the king screw bushing. There's nothing missing - apart from an acceptance of reality, perhaps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not all JJCO were junk or bitsa's. As with any rifle, you have to carefully inspect and do your due diligence. I've made my share of mistakes and have a box of worthless "collectables" to prove it! :( However, I also have a 1941 JJCO Mk III Lithgow that is a great battle rifle with the magazine cut-off and the original barrel. Numbers match bolt, receiver, barrel, sight and nose. No number on the forestock. No FTR marks but at some stage it received a new bolt, which was numbered to the rifle - I don't think JJCO did this. Head spaces correctly (using Forster Field & Go gauges) but I have not fired it. Barrel is dated 3 '41, receiver dated 1941, stock dated 1941.
Agree have one with a bridge and a weaver 2.5 x held 9 ring at 300 yards and 8 ring at 600 in vintage sniper match. , it was likely a war gun cause the bore is pitted when I placed the borescope , jjco stamped,
Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel Wood

Revolver Wood Motor vehicle Musical instrument Finger

I did however upgrade the trigger to a Huber trigger

141 - 151 of 151 Posts