Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
No, I won't mention the first word but the last two say "Joe" and "Biden". :)
“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

You would have to live Stateside and be familiar with NASCAR racing to know what it meant from the start.
Many others have caught the gist of it since.

post race interviewer misunderstood the chant of the crowd:LOL:(y)

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Double check those blocks for correct angle and equal engagement.

You bought it second hand. There was the time when nearly every owner was installing their own. Some knew how. Some only thought/believed they knew how.
Don’t be surprised if they remind you of an electrical contact.
Perhaps bits of aluminum flat stock.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
"HV" (high Velocity, sighted for the "New:" Mk7 round)
"SC" (Short cone throat difference for the MkVII round).
Here I go again. I’m in the SC = Small Cone camp. It’s been said the Short Cone was actually a misprint and caught on before being checked.
That and the fact the Small Cone (Leade in US English) was actually lengthened and not shortened.
No further rant on that unless….:whistle:

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
The buttstock shown immediately above shows signs of being reworked/repaired. The faint original factory stamps along with the Lithgow R 8/1947 stamps

This thread is getting a little confusing to follow.
Rule of thumb for a JJCO shop built parts rifle has usually been determined by the serial number.
G or higher prefix
Any letter suffix.
So far none has been mentioned.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Witness marks for torque. The rifle comes apart a few times afterward and the torque setting could change. If using a torque wrench you’ll find the previous mark to be off a couple degrees.

Probably why witness marks aren’t often seen. It’s also why a rifle might have more than one staking punch.
That we have all seen or at least should have by now.

Witness marks only indicate where it was previously.
On many rifles a witness mark on the receiver to barrel, or sight to barrel etc is used to show proper indexing for alignment upon reassembly. Not the previous torque setting which changes position.
Even if only slightly, under torqued is under torqued. Although it could still be within range.

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts