Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
For 1936 - 1945 Toks I’d say it’s in as good of shape as you’d hope for and better than many. It has the right Tula circle K and star marks and no refurb square. I like it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Gold Bullet member
10,623 Posts
Congrats! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the compliments guys, started not to post it because it was rough. First one I’ve run across without rebuild marks, and god knows what it’s been through!

·
Silver Bullet Member
sks, tokarev, makarov, combloc
1,929 Posts
A tok that served its purpose and wears its service with pride. Please note that in the second picture the firing pin retaining pin is not visible; probably half broken off as it is seen on the right side. Suggest you get a new pin and make sure you still have a firing pin. The original pin was split and the one in there now seems to be a rolled pin. Not sure it is original but regardless it needs attention.Don't want the firing pin flying back at ya.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
719 Posts
You have an very nice TT33 in better than average condition showing honest wear and use. Most collectors would love to own an example as good as this. Does the magazine also match?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Cameron for the reply, the mag isn’t numbered just has the Tula star , circle k , N, and what looks like a triangle with b inside

·
Registered
224 Posts
Nice wartime T33, thanks for posting pictures. As mentioned, these pistols are in demand and very rarely found in high condition.

I picked up a T33 dated 1939 about 10 years ago from the daughter of a Canadian Army vet who told her that he "captured" it in Holland and brought it home. Apparently it was previously captured by the German Army during the initial invasion of Russia and then reissued and somehow ended up in Holland. I have no doubt in this simple story, as it does not involve any heroics in the capture. The daughter eventually moved into the US and brought the pistol with her.

It is in somewhat better condition then yours, came with propers numbered 2 mags, but neither are matching. Serial #HK761.

·
Gold Bullet member
3,053 Posts
Nice one; I have a 1940 as well with little to no finnish. It came with one matching mag. I planned on swapping out the recoil spring with a new one before taking it to the range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts