Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Gold Bullet Member
10,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this one off auction - The stock is a bit dinged from use, but has some nice figure in the wood =+) The action sports a 75% finish or so - The bore was described a dark with some shine......Well, with a good cleaning the bore is very shiny with strong sharp rifling! I am slowly buying Tikka M91's & this one fit's into the ole collection quite nicely. The only downfall is the rifle has no hand guard.....Kinda looks nekkid without one.....=+(
Anybody out there have a nice striped M91 handguard they want to part with?....=+)
Enjoy the pic's! Any comments on this one would be helpful - I am a bit unfamiliar with the stamp on the stock....

Pahtu.

· Gold Bullet Member
10,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks ksstargazer for the info & kind comments - Denny thanks - Too bad about the handguard =+) Half the odd MN's I have bought were hit's from "shots" in the dark =+)

I'll post a range report when I can =+)

Pahtu.

· Gold Bullet Member
10,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
unbekannt, thanks for the kind comments - The pic's are from my back yard - Yes, find that M91, they are beginning to be my favorite type of MN =+)

rocker98, yep the last four pic's are nifty - The property has been in my family for six generations, the pic of a tree with the sun behind it, is a Black Walnut tree & my Great Great grandfather is said to have planted it....

DudleyDR, yeah you can shoot around here, but the neighbors would get annoyed...and they might shoot back...LOL.....I live in a rural area & hear coyotes darn near every night, but there are plenty of neighbors about.....tho I do touch off a round or two in my back yard in a small berm I built...LOL..- BTW really nice P marked Tikka M91!!

guitarzan - Thanks, I have a couple Tikka M91's & I really like em! - BTW - Hay is spendy around here & we will have to buy more to feed the cows =+(....I hear Northern Georgia is dry also....=+(

Pahtu.

· Gold Bullet Member
10,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"Nice rifle....Buy I love the dog!!!" - "What is that? Some sort of wild beast? No wonder you have that odd stick as it is needed to beat back such animals"

Thanks - I think the dog is an Australian Shepard - but dunno for sure - A cowboy who helped work our cows last year, got mad at him & the dog refused to jump into his truck, so he left him at our corral - sooo, the dog jumped into the back of my pickup & he has been on our small ranch since then - The breed of the dog? I am unsure - I am pretty sure he has been shot at tho - very gunshy - you can see him sucking up to me by looking cute when I took a pic of him - previously he was hiding under the rig when I was taking pic's of the rifle!

BoreGrv - "Was wondering if yours was shimmed"

I don't know, but I'll look & see.

"looks like you should be able to set up some 500 yard targets."
The property at this location is only 80 acres, but the included pic's show where I usually go plinking - It belongs to the Yakama Nation, they tolerate my shooting, as many of the Tribal Police are folks I know & besides my mom is a tribal member....=+)

I touched off a round with my 28-30 before the pic was taken & the wild horses took off out of a ravine.....They were cleverly hidden, but spooked...(old pic's - but still nifty...)

Pahtu.

· Gold Bullet Member
10,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
"That is a very nice AV3 walnut stock! Not every day you come across one of those."

Is that one of those "Nutwood" stocks I have read about here? Or is it just a walnut stock?

Thanks, Pahtu.

· Gold Bullet Member
10,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"I like shooting it better than my Russian 91/30."

I have not yet shot this one - I hope it shoots well, my other M91's range from good to kinda dismal in the accuracy dept, but I seem to like the M91's more that the other's...=+)

Pahtu.

· Gold Bullet Member
10,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
"I found out the Finns have a smaller bore Dia. than the Russians. .308 versis .311"

Some of the earlier one's do, possibly your M91 does not - slug the bore and find out - if you don't know how to slug the bore have a smith do it - Most likely your Tikka M91 does not have a .308 bore. Shooting surplus or wolf ammo through it should be fine.

Pahtu.

BTW, I also reload =+)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.