Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the fortunate pleasure to conduct a deal with an honorable, and venerable vendor at the Tulsa gun show today. A fantastic experience, allowing me to meet some fellow board members and additional vendors with similar collecting parameters. This Finn captured M38 carbine isn't the prettiest, but it is a very hard to find item. The first of it's kind I actually have seen in person. I was very fortunate to have had the opportunity to acquire it. Even harder to find them with the same numbers on the parts it was issued with. Slight rust here and there, splotchily covering a slightly faded blued metal surface with a nice patina on it. The stock seems to have original cartouches in tact, with screw in sling slot escutcheons and is a pre war pattern. They still look pretty sharp considering it's age. Bore is nice. Shiny with decently sharp lands and grooves.

·
Premium Member
105,717 Posts
That's a really tough one to find! I've seen many with all matching numbers but the bolt. Congrats on a fully matching gun!

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all. It wasn't productive only for myself. Hopefully others that attended may also be able to share their acquisitions as well. It was most definitely worth the drive. Even if I would have come out of there with nothing, it was a great experience, and got to meet some fellow members to put a face to a name now.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
Nice carbine! It looks like a dandy!

I went to the Spokane show - It was kind of a large show - The only decent thing I saw was the rifle in hand as I walked around - It was apparent that the most interesting items were tucked away at my home in the ole safe.

Long round trip drive for nada

Pahtu.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea Spax, there sure has been some interesting and rare items showing up as of late.

And Pahtu, that's a bit of a drive to Spokane. I think similar in distance I had to travel to Tulsa for me too. And for the non-locals, Spokane is said like "Spo-can" lol. Not like "Spo-cane" xD Oh WA and it's towns and cities with weird names. Kansas has it's fair share too!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Great find. I have had the fortune to find a couple of Finn capture M38's, neither had a matching bolt.
That's still much better than most people I'd wager. I haven't even found a single Finn'ed M38 yet. While i do see them posted with some frequency, they definitely are scarce. All matching ones are a step above most in terms of rarity and desirability too.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.