Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hI ALL!!!

I will be attending the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum airshow in Reading, PA during the 1st weekend in June.
I will have my 1940 Poilu exhibit, alongside the WW2 26th Yankee Division reenactors(the GI unit I belong to). Great bunch of guys!!!!(gals too!)

Be sure to say HI if you can make it!

Ron

Attachments

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
That's really nice. How long did it take to pull together?

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Amtraker, it has taken me more than 15 years to acquire what you see in the pix, and obviously what you do not see that sits in the basement. So yes, this is the tip of the spear!
I have French kits from 1939- 2008.

Scotty, thanx for the compliment, and YES, that is a MAS 38 SMG peeking out!!!
A friend took these pix not knowing if I had a camera (I actually did) but, he's a great friend anyways for doing so. These were taken 2 years ago, ironically on Bastille Day!
I have found a repro MAS 38 ammo pouch, and VB launcher case since then.
Also found an ammo box that holds 6 rnds for the 60mm Brandt mortar, barracks cleaning rod for the FM 24/29, trench mirror, 47mm shell casing from the turret of a CharB1bis, and candle powered lantern.

All in all, this is my 1st time there so I am not sure how much it is to get in, etc........
I do know from what I've been told, all types of ww2 planes, vehicles, reenactors, R. Lee Ermey, and veterans from both sides of the war will most likely be there. They even have a generic 1944 battle for the public!!!

·
Diamond Member
540 Posts
Way cool

Be sure to post a reminder here a week or so before the event and what the exact location is.
I just put the date on my calender :thumbsup:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Be sure to post a reminder here a week or so before the event and what the exact location is.
I just put the date on my calender :thumbsup:
CAN DO!!!
Just google Mid Atlantic Air Museum for more info.
Its' my 1st time and I'll be following a friend in a convoy down there from RI.
Also, gifts of Yuengling are ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!!!!!
here is the link

http://www.maam.org/maamwwii.html

Ron

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the entire weekend was a BLAST!!!!!!!
saw an Avro Lancaster, 4x P-51's, 2x B-17's, 2x B-25's, Vought Corsair, and Dauntless divebomber in flight!!!!!!!!
The general consensus from the public about my exhibit was excellent.
Naturally, most said they had never seen such stuff, let alone knew it still exists.
Aside from the boorish tourists, it felt like you were actually there!!!!!!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hmm... they should have printed their "Please do not touch" sign in German. What did they use that for anyway?LOL

JUST KIDDING!!!!! Your display is inspirational.... I need to start building my Italian stuff up. Well done my friend!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.