Gunboards Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Great pick up! I have been looking for one like that myself.

·
Registered
274 Posts
That looks pretty amazing. Part of the reason for my post was to gather a thoughts on straightening or not. Typically I like to leave things as they are but not sure on this one. I would need somebody with experience
Can you post more pics of the bolt?

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,823 Posts
Outstanding! We have a civilized kerfluffle. I have always kind of staggered down the center line of the country road on this type of subject but something just tells me to leave that alone. Don't administer heat to the point of red hot or more on that bolt. In a place long ago and far away I kind of looked askance at Marines but I have to stick with Bones on this one.

·
Copper Bullet member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am very appreciative of all of the opinions on this. Actually it affirms my torn feelings. I will post better pics of the bolt soon.

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,012 Posts
Nice find!
I don't understand why anyone would think the bolt was likely bent in Finland. It certainly is possible, but far, far more likely done here. I've been to many Finnish museums and collections and can say it would be rare to say the least. (snipers and Finn bubbas aside) If it was in the Finnish arsenal and sent over here, just not likely. These carbines came in the late 50s with the RVs. To many US buyers of that time, they were meat guns or project guns and all sorts of things happened to them, unfortunately. I think that is much more likely.

·
Gold Bullet member
3,035 Posts
Very nice find; its a great feeling to find one you have been searching for over the years! Even better when they turn up in the least expected place.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts