Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 1939 27 K 98 sporter in the original stock original finish no drill and taped no import mark , everything matchs even the screws and bolt.
Only non matching parts are shroud , safety , cocking piece and firing pin , which all match themselves . I am wanting to get a stock from Mario , what proofs should the stock be ? I know it shold be a flat butt plate laminate . Also is this a hard rifle to come by ?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
yes that is a hard code to come by. post some pics. if i was you i might try and fix the original matching stock depending on how bad its been sportered.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I also have a 27 over 1939 "C" block, mine is an RC, I bought a Mario stock set. WaA of 280. Mine is a great shooter. I would like to find more WaA 280 parts to "restore" it. Congrats on your new acquisition.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Posting these for him, someone help us out, cant remember what the circle A means for the life of me!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
The Circle A (for "abgelehnt" I think) was used to indicate the part was rejected and not acceptable for military use. I would guess that the back end of the bolt is off a commercial Standard Modell or one of the really odd "Circle A" rifles.

·
Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,298 Posts
Was it a manufacturers mark for the Berlin-Borsigwalde Mauserwerke?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Was it a manufacturers mark for the Berlin-Borsigwalde Mauserwerke?
I do not think anyone knows how many manufacturers used the 'Circle A' rejection mark. I have seen rejected Mauser Obendorf parts with WaA cancelled with the Circle A, so we know it was at least used there. I also took a closer look at the mismatched bolt parts, and I am fairly certain they came from one of the rare Circle A rifles built entirely of rejected parts (possibly by BLM). Pattern and font seems to match the two semi complete examples that I have seen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts