Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i got this from one guy, who got it from another guy who is a local member here, who, got it from whoever, after it had been sporterized. 1939 243

story i have, is it was a Vet bring back, then the stock, and bands were removed, probably tossed away, :( anyhow, the member here got it, put a Russian Capture stock on it, under the waffens on the bolt take down disk and recoil bolt it has 26, looks like WaA26 stamped on the stock, with an H also.

it has an after market front sight hood, and repro sling. it had been re-barreled by the germans at some point, barrel code is 660 134 ( there is a 3 but i cant tell what other numbers are hidden by the stock )

the bolt looks polished though. just a weird black to it, the bolt numbers match itself though, but not the barrel and action. all markings intact, eagles and swastikas.

i traded my BSW + a small amount of cash for it. the new owner of the BSW is well aware that the bore was shot, and has no intentions of shooting the rifle.

anyways, thats all i know about the rifle at this point.

here are the pics.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

ok, i thought for sure the pics would turn out better, i have a really decent digital camera. i even turned the flash off, i just cant get it to NOT shine and to focus in on the stampings.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
ok, worked with the macro settings on the camera,

any better? :confused:

eh, one is. that sucks.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Looks like a Borsigwalde rather than a BLM as you say in the title?

Anyway, looks like a replacement barrel if its as you say? Is there an "0,2" on the barrel shoulder? Also take down the rifle to see the balance of the code... you show its a Steyr finished barrel, and considering "how" its marked so far probably a Böhler provided blank- the rest of the code will tell for sure the blank provider and the year of the barrel (1939 is VERY likely).

I hope the BSW you traded was an rc.. as it doesn't sound that great of a deal otherwise. If an BSW rc, you did pretty good as this rifle is better than any rc.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, traded a RC for it, that had a bad bad bore.

"243" is on the top of the reciever in front of the bolt.

sorry, "237" was a huge TYPO

im kinda dumb this week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts