Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to cleaning up and taking some photographs of the 1938/48, Tula manufactured Mosin-Nagant M91/30, MO marked, Ex-PEM Sniper I received from TGI this past week. :) Below, you will find a photograph of the receiver, however, more detailed photographs may be viewed by going to:

http://tinyurl.com/3653tg

Curiously, it has a couple of stock repairs to it, some I can understand, a couple of other I don't. I can understand why it would have an arsenal repair to the left side of the stock, at the forward part of where the receiver is. I presume that this is where the scope might have mounted, and an arsenal repair would be in order. (This can be seen in the more detailed photographs) Someone, please correct me if I am wrong. However, it also has a repair on the right side of the stock at about the same point. Someone, please give me some possibilities as to why? Also, if you notice, the nose portion of the stock also has a plug, where an arsenal repair/patch has been inserted.

Over all, I am very happy! :D TGI did very good by me and I am most plesed. :D

I will try an post a couple of photo's of a 2nd rifle I received from TGI at the same time with this one. That one is:

1947 dated, Izhvesk, Mosin-Nagant M91/30 Ex-PU sniper.

Chuck

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,526 Posts
Repaired stock

As Ted says, your stock appears to have been on a PE top mount Hex receiver rifle originally. The two repairs just below the front receiver ring, are where the clearance cuts for the mount were. The repairs at the nose of the stock are very commonly seen. Nice Pem side mount ex sniper you have found! Lets see pics of the '47 exsniper, they are the scarcest of all the PU snipers.

·
Copper Bullet member
951 Posts
Nice!!

That is the first one Ive seen with the MO seperated at the top of the star where the sniper mark should be.
But than again I have not run into too many MO marked rifles.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
cetracer - Take a look at the repair that is on the 34/51 MO Tula ex-sniper that I just received this week from TGI as well. It looks very much like the repair on yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts