Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out of the Loop for awhile. Got rid of about 99.9% of my Mausers. Did recently pick up a what seemed to be at one time an all matching 36 S/237 that was D&Td and the bolt bent and low safety installed all put into a mid 50s Bishop or Fajen Stock. Purchase price was embarrassingly reasonable. Question here is the WaA number is 303. I've not been able to find references with these WaAs. Paul Solar it DOES shoot well.

·
Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What'd you do with the infamous "FrankenMauser" ?

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Great to hear from you Thomas-was worried about you.

Remember this old girl you entrusted me with - Amberg 1916 - couple of years ago. Won a vintage match with her - embarrassed a few 03a3, Swiss, and Swede guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes Marty, I do remember that Amberg. Debated 8 or 10 times of selling/not selling it. Down to the Sporter, a matching 43 dou and a Belgian 7.65. Here a few of the pics of the shooter I picked up. Really a shame.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
That has got to be a pretty uncommon code - walnut stock I suppose?

Still kicking myself for not bidding a little more on the KAR 98a sporter rescue you sold- still enjoying this one too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The mil stock was taken off and either a Fajen or Bishop bakelite tipped sporter stock was used to mount the action and barrel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.