Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
13,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I got this quite a while back. It came from an Iffy source. It included a receipt from a reputable Japanese sword dealer. What think you guys? Thanks in advance.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,319 Posts
Mostly

I would opine that the sword has been "restored". Scabbard repainted, some of the fittings cleaned, and POSSIBLY tsuka re-wrapped. BUT, it is not a Chinese fake.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Brad, Thanks. I thought the fittings looked too fresh, figured they were at least polished. Also, the scabbard looked a bit too good. As long as it is not a fake, I can stand that. The handle wrap, if redone, must have been handled alot as it is fairly compressed and worn. It is unsigned, by the way. Thanks again.

This NCO is probably all OK.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Here are a few pics of my NCO. I notice that the iron tsuba got used on early numbered NCO's, in addition to mine.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
4,319 Posts
NCO swords

Iron and pierced brass tsubas alternate throughout NCO production without much pattern. I think it is mostly a function of what sub contractor produced the fittings.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,556 Posts
Thanks for the great pictures guys, this feature seems to be working fine on these forums.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts