Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, long time lurker I figured it was time to say hello and tell you about my recent gun show find. I picked up a 1934 Banner Mauser, it is import marked but not like the more recent guns "cal st VT" I think. It's a strange on it has a RC stock but it has not been refinished and no electro pencil forced matching. That is not to imply it is a matching gun because it is not, the barrel and receiver are the only thing matching. I will get some pics up soon, what is the going price for this type of gun in good condition? Thanks for any info in advance.

·
Registered
347 Posts
By "RC stock" do you mean that it's been shellacked? If not, then it might not be a RC at all, but the common mixmaster. If the bolt doesn't match the receiver, I'd get the head space checked before you take it to the range.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I to have one similar to yours, but it is an byf 43. No Russian X or rebluing. Original finish and the stock is not numbered or finished like a russian. Maybe another satillite(sic) country. post some pics.
Mike

·
Registered
104 Posts
not seeing stock or bore hard to tell....last few that i have seen are going in the $600-700 range.... that's in very good condition...

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
$600-700? For this to pull anywhere near $600 it would have to have all BannerK parts and all undinkered with at that.. this is a barreled receiver, a decent looking one and those sell for $100-150 in my experience assuming all is well with what you show? (unaltered length and chamber/muzzle etc..) the other bits (bolt stock and tg group as well as assorted other tidbits are worth something naturally but as we haven't a clue to what shape or type yet its pure speculation)
Mauser Banner K's are desirable but this is only an b/r, - if the rest is of the same vintage and quality/type then you have some valuable bits, if its run of the mill 98k parts still they can potentially pull good money though with ePay on the blinks selling rifle parts not as much as before.

It is a serious stretch to expect to get more than $300-400 for any accumulation of parts unless you have parts that are special (BSW, Simson, BannerK, 34 vintage, 98b, or something in high demand- which isn't often the case, usually m/m rifles come with run of the mill bits and that isn't going to make big bucks line up)

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I might add that the stock is all important on these BannerK's; it determines everything from what it was originally (commercial product naturally but if to a political entity or DRP/DR etc..) and as with most any German Modell98 type stocks usually represent the bulk of the value of a rifle.. with a BannerK type this is especially true.
With only a b/r you can't even be 100% on what this once was, though it very likely was a BannerK, and possibly much more.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks for the information guys, I'm not trying to sell it I was just curious of the value. I have always wanted a banner Mauser. The rest of the rifle is what you would typically find on RC gun a little of this and a little of that. The long term plan for this rifle is to get the right bits and put in back together as close as I can. the stock on it was a heavily sanded the laminate, that part was a wash. I'm looking around for a nice walnut stock but so far no luck. The bolt is a mismatched, the only matching parts on the gun are the trigger assembly, and rear sight assembly. The receiver has some very light pitting, the end of the barrel has some more serious pitting you can tell it was held by the muzzle a LOT. I paid $250 for it and it had capture screws so I don't think I did to bad.

·
Gold Bullet member
378 Posts
The long term plan for this rifle is to get the right bits and put in back together as close as I can.
To help you know what to look for, here's an example of one for you to compare markings against, which includes an original "10 Hole" sling ..... :)

1934 "Banner" Mauser
(Mfg by Mauser Werke AG, Oberndorf a/N)

(Click PIC to Enlarge)

168 picture virtual tour ... click herehttp://imageevent.com/badgerdog/germanservicerifles/1934bannermauser

Hope this helps... :)

Regards,
Badger

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know this post is from long ago, but I just now saw it. That is a really beautiful Banner Mauser.
I have a nice, all matching barreled action, but the stock is not correct.

A few questions, if you have time. I am new to this.
-any chance you would sell your rifle [ just checking ] ?
-do you know where I could find a correct 1934 Banner Mauser stock?
-do you know where I could find the correct barrel band spring? It is so different from the later k98.
Thank you.
Frank

To help you know what to look for, here's an example of one for you to compare markings against, which includes an original "10 Hole" sling ..... :)

1934 "Banner" Mauser
(Mfg by Mauser Werke AG, Oberndorf a/N)

(Click PIC to Enlarge)

168 picture virtual tour ... click here

Hope this helps... :)

Regards,
Badger

1 - 14 of 14 Posts