Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rare or not rare? don't have a rifle for it but do have the 1933 pe scope and orginal mount...mount is tula marked. i have a 1936 x pe but that is a real reach for a 1933...also have a 1932 tula winter war rifle but????/ help.....advice ???

·
Administrator
19,279 Posts
1933 is pretty scarce, actually anything prior to 1935 is not see very often. It sounds like you need a 37 or a 36 for your project.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,400 Posts
1933 PE scope

rare or not rare? don't have a rifle for it but do have the 1933 pe scope and orginal mount...mount is tula marked. i have a 1936 x pe but that is a real reach for a 1933...also have a 1932 tula winter war rifle but????/ help.....advice ???
Is your 1936 ex-PE a round receiver? Vic's looking for such a rifle, I think...;)

·
Gold Bullet member
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
nope dawoof the 1936 is a hex and the bolt although orginal sniper does not match the reciever..

i will take a couple of photos and post them for you ptamony . this one is in very good shape and unrearsenaled.it has the brass lens locking ring on the front... says clearly 1933 and is in THE high 7000S if i remember correctly.ON SECOND THOUGHT ..GEE WHIZZZ LOUISE ..WOULD'NT A HIGH 7000 PUT IT IN 1934 ..WHAT GOVERNS HERE THE STAMPED YEAR OR THE SERIAL?.i will look again.

i think the pe and pem scopes were probably the best quality military hardware the russians made during the period.. meaning design,materials, machine quality, optics, fit, finish, durability, ,ease of repair etc. if i were to offer one design flaw comment it would be that the front lense is directly exposed to light. this probably got a lot of rusian snipers kiled because of its reflective qualities... they should have made the retaining ring deeper. i wonder how the russian snipers dealt with the problem. sometimes you cannot pick the angle of attack..i know the german snipers used sun shades ,screens, vails, and other types of kill flash attachments. did the russians actually produce and issue any or were the soldiers left to improvise?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts