Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a refurb 1932 Nagant today. It spoke to me as I am not normally into picking up refurbs these days. Anyway, I was able to disassemble before purchase and noticed that there were no sign of the serial numbers having been scrubbed and the fonts matched on the side plate, frame and cylinder. The grips can only be described as original as well as they are well worn finely checkered walnut and not replacement or bakelite. The frame has the u shaped rear notch sight and notched front blade which is appropriate for the serial range for this year. My question is how often do the nagants show up wth original matching parts? Also, what does the 3P in a circle mean found on the frame? The hammer was replaced, it's the only non-Tula part, probably other replacement parts but all are Tula star marked. Maybe I will get pics posted tomorrow. It is a CAI import, so the import mark didn't cover the nice Tula star and date. Nice bore too.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
The 3p in a circle is the original AC mark. This mark started around 15000 in 1932. The 'U' shaped groove rear sight and notched fron started around 35000 in 1932. Does it have the square with the horizontal bar or the 'Pi' in a square repair mark?

Joe

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I don't see refurb marks on this one. It looks like it has been refinished before storage and import. All of the parts seem original. The only extra mark I see is the 'X' by the accuracy proof (the circled 'K' on the right forward part of the frame).
Joe

·
Silver Bullet Member
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no doubt it saw some refurbishment as it has an Izhevsk trigger and some black paint applied in one spot. Just didn't see much more than that. It's a nicer than average revolver from the recent imports in terms of originality. IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.