Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
please check your rear sight bases!!! is it an ex-dragoon (see pic) or 91/30? please post answers here.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only have one '32, and since I honestly don't know how to tell, here's a pic:

yous is a 91/30, note that there is no gap between barrel and sight base, an ex-dragoon would have a gap. I'm trying to either prove or disprove dragoon production into 1932.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and we look to have a '32 dragoon! and an Izhevsk no less! general consensus was that Izhevsk ended dragoon production in 1931 and Tula continued into 1932, but that looks to have been disproven.

I'll have to look back at mine, as both of my '32's are Finn'd "transitional" 91/30's, have to see how my Izhevsk compares to that one serial-wise.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I finally decided to check the only 1932 Izhevsk I have. It has a low serial #444 and all numbers match. It has the hex receiver and the sight base looks like the one in message #1 with the kind of squared base leaving a small gap. It is not rounded and close fitted like the one in message #2. It is also in a laminated stock. Yes, I know you want pictures. I will have to see what I can do about that. I don't have a camera or a cell phone with a camera.

Okay, I got two pictures. Maybe they will show up.......................maybe not.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I have a 1932 Izhevsk serial number 3959. It is a M91/30.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My 32 is a Finn and IS a 91/30, no gap.
As are both of mine, transitional 91/30's at that...was just curious if there is another variant of late production dragoon that I need to track down.

·
Registered
339 Posts
So a gap at the back of the sight base means it's an ex-Dragoon? I don't have a 1932 M91/30 but I do have a 1931 Izhevsk and it has that gap! Thanks for the info. I always wondered if it might have been a Dragoon!

·
Gold Bullet member
2,927 Posts
I think it may be hasty to assume that just because the gap is there, it started as a Dragoon with the 1930's 91/30 rifles. Although that is a possibly, they may have been using up what materials were on hand to complete rifles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 1932 Izhevsk hex, sn# 116522. No gap.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bumping this thread to (hopefully) increase the data flow.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts