Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found only one website that breaks out production data of 91/30's by both year and arsenal. Am curious about the 1930 Iz.

That data suggests that 30,000 were produced that year by Izhevsk.

http://www.mosinnagant.net/USSR/Soviet-M9130.asp

My rifle is numbered 30,121

Does anyone have higher numbered 1930 I's in 91/30?

Any data would be appreciated.

Thanks,
The Banker

·
Gold Bullet member
531 Posts
All mine are lower numbers. My Izhevsk 1930 dragoon has a higher number. The problem with your question is "How do we know which is an original M91/30 and which is a converted dragoon?"

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yeah, mine is an extremely low number (comparatively speaking) aswell...

Could it be that 'low numbers' were originally dragoons and 'high numbers' were 91/30's (or vice-versa)???

Just throwing it out there...

-Palimino

·
Registered
11,686 Posts
The production numbers in my article are directly from the documents in the Izmash museum.

Regards

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spetz,

I checked that website, but could not find any data tables. If its there, could you please paste an exact link to the page?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
19,257 Posts
Whats an Iz?

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,377 Posts
There aren't any production numbers on my site. No reason for there to be since they're already on Mosin Nagant dot Net. All I would be doing is copying the information from there and giving credit to Tuco, Vic, and KH. Not that I mind giving them credit, it would just be duplication. Maybe some day when I have everything else on my site done exactly as I'd like it I'll do it. ;)

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the response. Guess I'm just putting a feeler out there to see if anyone has a 1930 Izhevsk (iz, izy....) with much higher than a 30,000 serial number. I've encountered many sights that have data tables with serial number rnages of those reporting in to the surveys. I suppose there's not quite the need with 91/30's, but was curious if that type of data set was out there.

I guess a follow-up to that point would be has anyone ever determined what the cyrilic symbols stand for in actual numbers to determine the exact # your rifle is? Not that it really matters, but would be fun to know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts