Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded one my m91s for this. Its a 1928 tikkakoski m27 with from what i understand all its original features (winged bolt, early bayo lug, early stock).

Its F and D marked on the barrel shank, its built on a 1894 French Receiver, and the bore is in excellent condition.

Pictures:

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
That looks pretty good! I still need to find a nice stock like that one for mine. I'll trade you the original bubba chopped version for that one there. Straight across. And you pay shipping xD

Nice rifle. That stock sure does have a lot of character. Nice antique too. I think the bore on my M27 is pretty good too. It's a good shooter, I'd take it out if I had to hunt with it for sure.

·
Diamond Member with Oak Clusters and Swords
1,595 Posts
It had a front sling swivel at one time, they are available sometimes but quite pricey nowadays.

Without knowing more details it sounds like it was a good trade. Nice rifle!

·
Registered
17,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i wasn't even aware about the eared bolt design on the early m27s until i started reading about them. I have to agree with clay; the m27 has some of the most interesting history.. not only its design but its development and uses.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I know very little about the whole Finnish Mosin Nagant world. I have been reading a bit here and there....and learning. I'm not really a collector of the Mosin Nagant. I prefer Mausers. Nontheless, I bought two Finnish m27s this weekend at a gunshow in South Jackson, MS. One was nearly identical to yours. It's dated 1933. The finish is not as nice, but it has a fine bore. It has the winged bolt with matching serial number. The other one I bought is a 1939. It has the reinforced bayonet lug. Non winged bolt. Both have rust spots here and there from poor storage. I am in the process of cleaning and oiling them both. I will post picture in a few days. Perhaps you can elaborate on my two finds.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Very nice Spax, love those early features. Very cool well traveled M/27!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts