Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator / Silver Bullet member
8,086 Posts
You can see they over stamped the 1928 over another date that was originally there.
This probably was a re-build at that time.

Patrick

·
8,086 Posts
What is the letter prefix ?
I could not see it in the picture, this will help me out more seeing it.

Patrick

·
8,086 Posts
They might have used an older Brescia 1917 dated barrel and remarked it with new date and manufacturer, T series was made in 1917. We have to remember after WWI many countries 're-built firearms as needed to save upon expenses of manufacturing new ones.

Patrick

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Th 1928 is superimposed with the 1947 FAT stamp.

I do see that Terni was building Carcanos carbines in 1928, even if not the model with bayonets mounted or recorded in books as having T numbers. Well obviously this happened and not being in a book is nothing new. Interesting to own and discuss. And curious about the handguard, could that be a Terni deal?

·
Registered
20 Posts
They might have used an older Brescia 1917 dated barrel and remarked it with new date and manufacturer, T series was made in 1917. We have to remember after WWI many countries 're-built firearms as needed to save upon expenses of manufacturing new ones.

Patrick
TERNI made Cavalry Carbines with folding bayonet in 1928.
I own the same carbine as pictured in this post and the serial is T 775 ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
In France, an armory offered the same TERNI Moschetto dated 1928 with the serial number T4720.
Carcano model 91/28 de cavalerie cal 6.5x52 fabrication terni en 1928 n° T4720 catégorie D (armurerie-grand-est.fr)
The photos of the description clearly show that the hand guard is too short. Maybe it is a spare part? ... The rifles manufactured by TERNI in 1928 therefore all seem to have this slightly elongated handguard as standard.
This new copy appears to confirm the production of moschettos by TERNI in 1928.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.