Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two more lithgows close to my hart. Note the 27 has the butt disc and 26 doesn't as indicated in The Lee Enfield Story. One has a long butt, the other has a short butt and the 27 has a JJco stamp on the barrel knox indicating second rate. It has a split stock in front of the king screw and recoil shoulders so I would imagine that's what made it second rate. Bores are like a mirror.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hello.
Very nice pair of Lithgows. My Lithgow 1926 is a higher number than yours, but has the butt disc marker. I thought JJco stamp was a US importers mark?
Chris.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello.
Very nice pair of Lithgows. My Lithgow 1926 is a higher number than yours, but has the butt disc marker. I thought JJco stamp was a US importers mark?
Chris.
Yes it is a US importers stamp, but we have quite a few here in Australia that were stamped in preperation to be sent to US but never left our shores. Why I'm not sure and how many I'm not sure, but I have several. That's what I've been told but if anyone else has more knowledge on that or if I'm not entirely correct please join the disscussion.

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
curious , does it hurt the collector

value to clean the dried cosmoline

off of the rifles ?

FIVESHOT
You'll get differing opinions on that question for sure but I prefer to leave it. I know they haven't been tampered with by civilian hands and the next owner will know the same. I'm not suggesting for everyone to do the same but that's what is for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts