Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While on an archery elk hunt, I stopped in a small gunshop and picked this up. It's a 1924 Tula M91 built on a 1923 Tula receiver. It has all stamped matching parts. All the parts have Tula proof marks including the cleaning rod. The stock has been cleaned at some point. The rifle has no Finn markings, but does have Finn sling hangers installed. I think I have an original all matching rifle!

·
Diamond Member
5,764 Posts
Bullseye, looks like you did very well on the elk hunt! I don't think I have seen the Tula hammer as a stock cartouche before. Congratulations. Denny

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Great pick-up! I love the Tula hammer on the receiver flat. Have a similar marking on an M-39 Tikka. If I were to ever get a tatoo, that would be it, but not on my receiver flat.

·
Moderator & Gaseous Substance Inspector
1,120 Posts
Nice find! These late m/91s are not so easy to find, especially in that condition! Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Great rifle! Is it serial numbered in 4 or 5 places?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rifle is numbered in 4 places. I just got done cleaning the bore, it's strong and bright. It has a small Century import stamp on the end of the barrel.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Very nice find. I really like these '20's dated m91's.....thanks for sharing.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,736 Posts
Cool! I've never seen that hammer on the stock either. Or a Soviet M91 that new either. How 'bout some photos of the numbers?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I've got a bunch of M91s. But only one dated in the twenties. It sure ain't no matching one! Shame about the wood, but that's just a great 91. Greater than most will ever find.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are some more pics. The pic of the finger groove shows the original finish still in the groove.(pic #4)

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,096 Posts
Good score, that's a great looking hard to find rifle. I hope your Elk hunt went as well.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I told Panhead Bill after I picked up the M91 that I hope I got as excited when I got my elk as I did when I found the rifle. The picture Bill posted is of me after gutting and skinning out my elk. It was a 15 yd. shot and she went 40 yds. after being hit. 187 lbs. of prime meat on the butchers meat hook.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts