Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While on an archery elk hunt, I stopped in a small gunshop and picked this up. It's a 1924 Tula M91 built on a 1923 Tula receiver. It has all stamped matching parts. All the parts have Tula proof marks including the cleaning rod. The stock has been cleaned at some point. The rifle has no Finn markings, but does have Finn sling hangers installed. I think I have an original all matching rifle!

·
Moderator & Gaseous Substance Inspector
1,121 Posts
Nice find! These late m/91s are not so easy to find, especially in that condition! Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I've got a bunch of M91s. But only one dated in the twenties. It sure ain't no matching one! Shame about the wood, but that's just a great 91. Greater than most will ever find.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I told Panhead Bill after I picked up the M91 that I hope I got as excited when I got my elk as I did when I found the rifle. The picture Bill posted is of me after gutting and skinning out my elk. It was a 15 yd. shot and she went 40 yds. after being hit. 187 lbs. of prime meat on the butchers meat hook.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.