Gunboards Forums banner

1924 Model 96 Swedish Mauser

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  mwt 
#1 ·
I meant to add this to my previous post. A dealer has an excellent condition blond type stock model 96 Swedish mauser for sale. It was made in 1924. All matching. I remembered him saying something about that being a special year. He wants $550.00 for it. Is that a good deal? He had $750.00 on it.

#9 ·
Sounds to me like the dealer has found a hook to hang a high price on. From the description it makes me wonder if it hasn't been "whizzed" a bit to increase the eye appeal. But then I'm not the one looking at it and wanting one. Just step back and think about it before you throw you're hard earned money on the counter. At that price it's not going to go flying out the door.
Dan in Texas

#10 ·
The Swede I have also has what I would call a "dirty blond" stock - light hardwood. Most of the M38's do. If you are just looking for a shooter, they can be had for cheaper than that (mine was $350). One of the local gun clubs has a semi-annual gun show, and one dealer always has a Swede priced at $650. Been there at every show for the last 18 months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.