Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
886 Posts
Surely no one is silly enough to pay that much money for that.

1923 dated actions are rarer for sure, but would even a matching example (I have only seen two) sell for that much?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,380 Posts
I see in the latest amnesty handin/destruction pics some SMLEs .........so Id assume the regular markup of the average Ozzie gunshop would make them around $2000.....assuming the dealer forewent his $30 to cut it up.

· Registered
22,055 Posts
Description says it great condition but red band (if original butt stock to rifle), may indicate otherwise. Yellow nose indicates marginal condition for shooting. Interesting twist of features, I wonder how many just like it came here to USA, bought and owners removed yellow nose paint and any color bands on wood...replaced or refinished wood and those rifles are floating around with perhaps risk to shoot or maybe not.

I wish we had a color system of sorts to paint the noses of our politicians

· Registered
1,087 Posts
Surely no one is silly enough to pay that much money for that.

1923 dated actions are rarer for sure, but would even a matching example (I have only seen two) sell for that much?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
It is matching…..just not from 1923. I find it interesting that the nosecap remained matching after a 1947 rebuild. So many are blank.

· Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anthony, the nosecap has either been replaced or had the ears cut as per instructions. So if cut, then orginal with serial number, if replaced why serial numbered when as you said this practice was discontinued.

· Registered
1,087 Posts
Anthony, the nosecap has either been replaced or had the ears cut as per instructions. So if cut, then orginal with serial number, if replaced why serial numbered when as you said this practice was discontinued.
Correct, you see a lot of late 40’s rebuilds with cut ears and no serial number. I’d ask the question of the seller, but I’ve had little luck with him replying of late…

1 - 20 of 26 Posts