Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came home with an M91 that I found at a local gun store. Had it marked as a 91/30 with sale price of 79.00. It was longer than the other 5 next to it so I picked it up and it is a Ichevsk m91, 1920 with pretty good bore and wood. I got it home and it has cleaned up nice. It has several cartouche's on the stock. A W or M behind the trigger guard, a Large capital R in within the finger groove on the Left. There is what looks to be a deep circle with some letters or groves, and a newer looking boxed small c r with a capital A in between. The floor plate does not match. Oh well. I'm assuming this gun was used by other than the Russian Army, with all these readable stock markings. Does anyone know about these markings. I'm having fun looking it over. Thank You ... Maq

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Hard to say without actually seeing some of those marks. Actually, probably couldn't tell even if we could see many of these stray letters & numbers. The cAr in a box, I do believe, is a post WWII Romanian marking. Good buy. Hard year to find, for me at least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts