Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
many questions: would you guys consider an 18 sesty an imperial or soviet gun? i know the czar was gone by then and this arsenal was close to the revolutionary action. my 18 tula is imperial scrubbed with a tula hammer added (and F and G stamped). my 19 tula is clearly soviet marked and i know that 19 (i think) showed two different soviet era markings,depending on which commies were in charge at any given time. my 19 izhevsk is also clearly a soviet product. love to see an 18 (or even 17) izhevsk. any ideas on 18 sests?-markings;marking differences,if any; who was in charge of production and when? any input at all. thanks in advance.

·
Admin Emeritus
19,073 Posts
Imperial

·
Silver Bullet member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

vic,not doubting you. but,can you tell me who was in charge of this factory during the unstable 17,18,19 era as relates to which entity was producing these (rare) guns. did the imperials retain control into early 18 til the communists finally took over? would the stamps be imperial during their control and missing/scrubbed when the commies got the factory? and,i assume,suspended production at the sestroyetsk arsenal. nothing post 18 is know to exist. what of the fate/control at the izhevsk arsenal? it seems,to me at least,that the records/info on these two factories is much more spotty and less clear than for the tula factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.