Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked this up from a friend, I've needed an M.95 long rifle for my Steyr collection which continues to grow. Paid $330 for the rifle and a couple hundred rounds of Prvi 8x56r.

The rifle itself is nice. Appears to be original matching and unmessed with. 1917 production. The only issues are a nissing stacking rod someone unscrewed it from the band, the extractor is missing and the bolt body is kind of buggered underneath. I'll probably replace the bolt body and extractor and try to get my hands on an upper band to renove a stacking rod from.

The bore is excellent.

Gun Rifle Air gun Grass Trigger
Gun Rifle Trigger Air gun Grass
Gun Air gun Revolver
Wood Grass Tree Rust Plant
Gun Wood Air gun Shotgun Trigger
Gun Wood Grass Air gun
Revolver Auto part Pipe

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,171 Posts
I like it!
Like you, I've been wanting one of these for awhile. No luck so far, but I'm after a matching, non-import marked example like yours, which thins the available selections out there. Really neat rifle, congrats!
Pat

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like it!
Like you, I've been wanting one of these for awhile. No luck so far, but I'm after a matching, non-import marked example like yours, which thins the available selections out there. Really neat rifle, congrats!
Pat
Thanks! Yeah wanted one for a while, but really only started seriously looking for one a year ago. Fits right at home with all its other Steyr kinfolk.

Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I'll probably replace the bolt body and extractor and try to get my hands on an upper band to renove a stacking rod from.
There is (or at least was recently) a guy from Bulgaria selling loose stacking rods on Epay. I bought one and they are as advertised.

ETA: My bad, he is from the UK. His user name is armorsmith15.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is (or at least was recently) a guy from Bulgaria selling loose stacking rods on Epay. I bought one and they are as advertised.
Thanks for the heads up I'll check it out

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still haven't had a chance to pick up an extractor so I borrowed a bolt from another M.95, bore on this one is beautiful, put it on paper at 100 yards.

Text Font Games Pattern Rectangle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.