Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1917 Enfield that has been made "drill purpose". All parts have been stamped DP and a rod has been welded cross ways in the barrel. It functions, has cosmoline in it and has matching numbers. I was wondering if these guns have any collector value and what it might be? Also who made this rifle?
Table Furniture Room Wood Coffee table
Table Wood Hardwood Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Furniture

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a 1917 Enfield that has been made "drill purpose". All parts have been stamped DP and a rod has been welded cross ways in the barrel. It functions, has cosmoline in it and has matching numbers. I was wondering if these guns have any collector value and what it might be? Also who made this rifle?
View attachment 1961129 View attachment 1961137 View attachment 1961145
Well for a start, it is not a M1917 rifle but a .303 British Enfield Pattern 14 that looks like it was one of the Indian DP rifle imported and sold off in the early 1990's. It has little collector value and is only worth about $300 max as a parts gun or wall hanger. It was made by Remington under contract to the British.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.