Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys need some quick advice,

Saw a 1917 Eddystone at a gunshow this evening, finish was pretty worn, it had a bubba stock but all the metal looked to bethere even the rear dog ears. I did not look at the bore price was 150.00 should I have got it and found a corect stock for it? Let me know

Ed

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Its not to bad 5.00 to get in, a few older whinchesters, saw a polytec ak was over a grand and a norinco for 1500. Some 6-700 wasr's one guy had a nice plainfield carbine for 350 a few good deals on hand guns, nothing I could afford lol two chicom sks bith were just above 300. A few guys with ammo no great deals. I think I am going to try to save a few bucks for the next cr show. my wish list includes a cz75,a 1911 plain jane, a 44 mag revolver,and a 16" lever action carbine in 44 mag Jeeze I need about 3 jobs:confused:

Ed

·
Registered
832 Posts
Now, keep in mind that I have no idea where to find original wood, but it seems like 150$ for an all-the-metal there gun can't be bad... I just read something like the cheapest the Eddystones go for is like $350? Maybe a stock can be found...

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Numrich has surplus stocks for the 1917 Enfield. They want something like 135 bucks for the whole package (3 pieces of wood). Buutplates, barrel bands and screws aren't hard to find; but get those stamped with the "E" for this rifle...

·
Registered
832 Posts
I like the way mine shoots, just to add to the conversation. I think I stayed out of an 03 vs. 17 debate on this or another board because I really can't complain about either. That was good luck at a gun auction... got the 17 and my 03 for $700 total. Both in excellent shape, 03 had probably been rebuilt, but the 17 is original.

Around here, bubba'd guns sell for more than original GI frequently. Tried to get an 03A3 that'd been sporterized since I had gotten really good prices on my other rifles that day, but it sold higher than that 03 I brought home.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I picked up a remington 1917 last weekend at the OGCA show. It had a coating of dust all over it. The seller said it came out of an attic in Cincinnati. The barrel matches the receiver but the bore is dark. Headspaces OK. Stock has a 3-gm cartouche and a coat of shellac. Paid 200 for it. Had I seen the one you found I would have bought it as a second project. I just have a thing for 1917's. Sarco and springfield sporters has the parts you need to restore it. If you can still get it do so.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.