Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a beautiful 1917 Eddystone. Don't know how original it all is and don't really care but all Eddystone in excellent condition and I really like it. However a buddy and I went out doing some shooting and when first started shooting this rifle at 100 yds. weren't even hitting the paper. Looked like one round may have clipped the top of the target. Tried aiming at the bottom of the target and found that it groups pretty well but a flat 12" high. Looks like the front sight blade is newer than the other parts. Any ideas? Are there other front sight blades that will fit this rifle that maybe previously someone put the wrong one on it. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
They made different height front sight blades, If you are using the 4--500 battle sight it is naturally going to shoot waaay high at 100 , how does it shoot with ladder at bottom ? Front sight should have a number on it IIRR they go smallest .015 -> .120 biggest in like .015 increments ( .015 .030 .045 .060 .075 .090 .105 .120 )

Figure out what # you have and order a blade requesting a specific height maybe 2 higher than what you have.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a bunch. I appreciate the info very much and would have thanked you sooner but house was broken in the day after I asked the question and have been real tied up. I will check it out. My 1917 was one of my guns yhey didn't get. Sure would be fun to wing one of the &%(###@%^*(*%#@!! that broken in.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
If you have not already considered this you might examine the condition of the muzzle to look for abnormal wear casued by cleaning rods or a ding that may be causing the high shots.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts