Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine just picked up a few rifles and in the batch was this rifle. It is import stamped so I'm not sure how to rate this. Could I get opinions as to originality and fair market value. I know thats tough and a lot depends on the area your in. But all that aside I'm wondering what a rifle still in cosmoline should fetch on average. I don't want to pay too much... Picks in next post.
Thanks in advance,

Don

·
Banned
20,922 Posts
Looks like a parkerized refinish. But that is one gorgeous gun. When they look that nice, I can't imagine it going for under $500. But I'm partial to the original blue (or late dark gray park), so I wouldn't be a buyer for a great deal higher than that. But that is my preference. Others might have differing opinions.

·
Banned
20,922 Posts
I thought so. How much does that diminish the value?

Don
Anywhere from 0-50%. It's tough to place a specific factor on diminished value from arsenal refurbishment. Original and nice Eddystones can go from $600 to $1,000-plus. Refurbished ones can sell from $300 to $700-plus. All depends on buyers, sellers, marketing, condition, etc.

Above, there are two opinions on the gun presented in the OP, from $500 to $650. Some wouldn't pay as much as $500 for that gun, and some might pay more than $650 for that gun.

The best measure: How much is the asking price?

·
Gold Bullet Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anywhere from 0-50%. It's tough to place a specific factor on diminished value from arsenal refurbishment. Original and nice Eddystones can go from $600 to $1,000-plus. Refurbished ones can sell from $300 to $700-plus. All depends on buyers, sellers, marketing, condition, etc.

Above, there are two opinions on the gun presented in the OP, from $500 to $650. Some wouldn't pay as much as $500 for that gun, and some might pay more than $650 for that gun.

The best measure: How much is the asking price?
This rifle is part of a package that is all I know so far. He has a couple MNs that I am more interested in but I'm more familiar with them so I didn't put them on. Now that I have some opinions as to value I can offer him a package deal.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
stock is a post production replacement, Milton Bradly made thousands of them.
as for value...hard to say, i dont give value assesments on weapons, finding a value is in the eye and heart of the buyer and seller,
do some research via completed auctions for a like weapon, to get a guideline...
couple reasons i dont value weapons on the forums..
first and foremost, i help for the historic attraction to vintage military weapons,
second, i help for the safety and function of them as well.
third, im here to learn on both as i post and read daily..
forth..im not here to fill someones pockets or bank account based on my comments and experiance..
i have a hard enough time keeping money in my own pockets to worry about someone else.

·
Gold Bullet Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
stock is a post production replacement, Milton Bradly made thousands of them.
as for value...hard to say, i dont give value assesments on weapons, finding a value is in the eye and heart of the buyer and seller,
do some research via completed auctions for a like weapon, to get a guideline...
couple reasons i dont value weapons on the forums..
first and foremost, i help for the historic attraction to vintage military weapons,
second, i help for the safety and function of them as well.
third, im here to learn on both as i post and read daily..
forth..im not here to fill someones pockets or bank account based on my comments and experiance..
i have a hard enough time keeping money in my own pockets to worry about someone else.
Um...

Thanks?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
bolt and rifles number dont match...
i suspect the bolt has been replaced by someone other then any military, as the rest of the rifle is reparked, and the bolt is not.
bolt is from a Candada lend lease. the rest of the rifle doesnt seem to have any markings to match that bolt.
if you remove the hand guard, a British proof mark should be on the chamber area...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts